DetailsTired of drinking water that reminds you of a swimming pool? The Amana UKF8001 Fridge Filter will reduce chlorine and improve the overall quality of your water & ice. Surpassing quality water can be yours! Buy one today and feel good about a wise choice.
- The Amana UKF8001 fits all Maytag refrigerators with a filter in the ceiling of the fridge compartment
- NSF 42 & 53 certified to reduce a broad spectrum of contaminants
- The UKF8001 was formerly known as the UKF8001AXX
- Improves water quality to deliver great beverages and ice
Compatible with the following:
|SBDE522VW||and many more|
Compatible with the following
Installation and replacement procedure for the UKF8001 fridge water filter:
- To access the filter, press tab and fold cover downwards. Caution: Air trapped in the water system may cause water and filter to eject. Always dispense water for at least 2 minutes before removing the filter.
- Slowly turn the old cartridge 90 degrees left until it releases (the water will shut off automatically).
- Discard the old water filter.
- Remove the protective cover from new filter and raise the filter into the connector.
- Turn the filter 90 degrees right.
- Close the plastic filter cover.
- Run water through the dispenser for 2 minutes to purge the system.
- Reset the water filter status light, if your fridge has one.
- Amana fridges: Press and hold the Lock and Water (or Auto light) buttons simultaneously for 4 seconds.
When to change a filter: There is a replacement indicator light for the water filter cartridge on the digital panel. The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replacement indicator light turns red, or every 6 months, or if you notice a decrease in flow of water.
Important: It is essential that operation, maintenance and filter replacement be carried out in accordance with manufacture's recommended procedures and guidelines for this product to perform as advertised. Failure to do so may void warranty.
The UKF8001 water filter reduces the following health related contaminants:
- 97.52% of Chlorine Taste and Odour
- 99.00% of Particulates (Class I)
- 95.00% of Mercury at pH 6.5
- 88.10% of Mercury at pH 8.5
- 99.30% of Lead at pH 6.5
- 99.30% of Lead at pH 8.5
- 97.90% of Lindane
- 93.30% of Toxaphene
- 99.99% of Cysts
- 73.45% of Carbofuran
- 89.40% of Atrazine
- 99.80% of p-Dichlorobenzene
- 99.99% of Asbestos
- 96.30% of Benzene
- 98.80% of Turbidity
- 96.60% of Tetrachloroethylene
Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standards 42 & 53. As with all built-in refrigerator water filters, the PUR UKF8001 (PuriClean II) does not remove Fluoride.
Note: The filter produces fresher water and ice.
Important: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Systems certified for cyst reduction may be used on disinfected waters that may contain filterable cysts.
- Be the first to review this product