Give your family the healthiest and cleanest water possible right at the door of your fridge with the Hotpoint MWF Smartwater Fridge Filter. It provides contaminant reduction of up to 98% for over fifteen nasty chemicals you don't want in your water. Add it to your basket today and enjoy the benefits of sparkling clear water!
- The GE MWF is NSF/ANSI 42 & 53 certified for a long list of dangerous contaminants as well as chlorine taste and odor
- Installs quickly with the turn of the wrist
- Activated carbon block filter media
The MWF Smartwater is comparable with the following part numbers
Installation and replacement procedure for the Hotpoint MWF fridge water filter:
- Slowly turn the old cartridge 1/4 turn to the left (counter clockwise). Note: Do not pull down on the cartridge.
- Remove and discard the old filter (the water will shut off automatically).
- Peel off the protective cover from the new cartridge.
- Fill the new replacement cartridge with cold water to allow for better flow immediately after installation (you can use tap water).
- Line up the arrow on the cartridge with the cartridge holder. Note: Do not force it up into the holder.
- Turn the filter 90 degrees right (clockwise) until the cartridge stops. Do not over tighten.
- Run water through the dispenser for 3 minutes to purge the system.
- Check the filter area for leaks.
- Reset the filter status light by pressing and holding the Reset Water Filter button for 3 seconds.
When to change a filter: There is a replacement indicator light for the water filter cartridge on the temperature control panel. The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replacement indicator light turns red, or every 6 months, or if the flow of water to a dispenser or icemaker decreases.
Important: It is essential that operation, maintenance and filter replacement be carried out in accordance with manufacture's recommended procedures and guidelines for this product to perform as advertised. Failure to do so may void warranty.
The MWF Hotpoint water filter reduces the following health related contaminants:
- 96.00% of Chlorine Taste and Odour
- 99.10% of Particulates (Class I)
- 93.00% of Mercury
- 99.00% of Lead
- 99.00% of Lindane
- 94.00% of Atrazine
- 99.99% of Cysts
- 99.00% of p-Dichlorobenzene
- 98.00% of Carbofuran
- 98.00% of 2,4-D
- 93.00% of Toxaphene
- 99.00% of Asbestos
- 96.00% of Benzene
- 99.00% of Alachlor
- 98.00% of Turbidity
Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standards 42 & 53. As with all built-in refrigerator water filters, the GE MWF does not remove Fluoride.
Note: The filter produces cleaner, better tasting and healthy drinking water & ice.
Important: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Systems certified for cyst reduction may be used on disinfected waters that may contain filterable cysts.
- Be the first to review this product