The GE GXRTQ Compatible Fridge Filter will significantly reduce the appearance of sediment floating in your water, and deal with chlorine taste & odor at the same time. Give your family the gift of cleaner healthier water today. Add this filter to your basket and give it a try!
- The GE GXRTQ Compatible Fridge Filter reduces sediment as well as chlorine taste & odor
- Easy installation with no need for special tools
The GXRTQ Compatible is comparable with the following part numbers
Installation and replacement procedure for the GXRTQ compatible fridge water filter:
- Disconnect old cartridge from the system and discard (the water will shut off automatically).
- Attach fittings to tubing.
- Align the new water filter with the water flow direction.
- Connect only the water supply side tubing to the appropriate end of the filter. Hold the unconnected end of the filter over an empty bucket and turn on the water supply and flush the filter until the water runs clear.
- Insert and connect the fridge side tubing into the filter.
- Use the fridge dispenser to ensure that any air pockets are removed.
- Check the filter area for leaks.
- GE Fridges: Reset the "Filter Indicator" light by holding the Reset Water Filter button on the dispenser for 3 seconds.
When to change a filter: The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replacement indicator light turns red, or every 6 months, or if the flow of water to a dispenser or icemaker decreases.
The GXRTQ General Electric compatible water filter reduces the following health related contaminants:
- 93% of Chlorine Taste and Odour
Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standards 42. The GXRTQ does not remove Fluoride.
Note: The filter produces cleaner, better tasting and healthy drinking water & ice
- Be the first to review this product