If your water has chlorine and sediment in it, we have the water filter for you! The GE GXRTQ SmartWater Fridge Filter reduces both of those perpetrators in short order, resulting in the pristine water quality you deserve. Add it to your basket today and reap the benefits of pure clean water!
- The GE SmartWater Fridge Water Filter reduces chlorine taste and odor as well as rust and sediment
- Easily remembered semi-annual filter replacement
- Easy installation with no special tools required
The GXRTQ SmartWater is comparable with the following part numbers
Replacement for the following UPC
Installation and replacement procedure for the GXRTQ fridge water filter:
- Disconnect old cartridge from the system and discard (the water will shut off automatically).
- Attach fittings to tubing.
- Align the new water filter with the water flow direction.
- Connect only the water supply side tubing to the appropriate end of the filter. Hold the unconnected end of the filter over an empty bucket and turn on the water supply and flush the filter until the water runs clear.
- Insert and connect the fridge side tubing into the filter.
- Use the fridge dispenser to ensure that any air pockets are removed.
- Check the filter area for leaks.
- GE Fridges: Reset the "Filter Indicator" light by holding the Reset Water Filter button on the dispenser for 3 seconds.
When to change a filter: The filter cartridge should be replaced when the replacement indicator light turns red, or every 6 months, or if the flow of water to a dispenser or icemaker decreases.
The GXRTQ General Electric water filter reduces the following health related contaminants:
- 93% of Chlorine Taste and Odour
Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standards 42. The GXRTQ does not remove Fluoride.
Note: The filter produces cleaner, better tasting and healthy drinking water & ice
- Be the first to review this product