DetailsIf you own a Hotpoint fridge without an integrated filter, the Hotpoint BL9808 Fridge Filter is a great choice for you. It installs easily in the water line behind your fridge and produces premium quality water. Buy one today and everyone will wonder why your tea is always the best.
- The Hotpoint BL9808 Fridge Filter is an external inline filter designed to attach directly to the water line feeding into your fridge
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor to deliver great tasting water and ice
- Features 1/4" compression fittings
The BL9808 is comparable with the following part numbers
Installation and replacement procedure for the Hotpoint BL9808 fridge water filter:
- Turn off the cold water supply.
- Remove the tubing from the ends of the old filter. Note: Take precautions as water will drain from the filter and pipes.
- Discard the old water filter.
- Unscrew the threaded connector (filter nut) and place it over the end of the cut section of pipe coming from the appliance.
- Push the pipe over the end of the filter that the flow arrow points to.
- Tighten up the threaded connector.
- Repeat on the other end of the filter.
- Turn on the water supply.
- Run water through the dispenser for 3 minutes to purge the system.
- Check the filter area for leaks.
- Reset the "change filter" indicator light, if your fridge has one. Please refer to our FAQs on how to reset the "change filter" indicator light for a particular fridge manufacturer.
When to change a filter: There is a replacement indicator light for the water filter cartridge on the temperature control panel. The filter cartridge should be replaced when the filter light comes on, or every 6 months, or if the flow of water to a dispenser or icemaker decreases.
Important: It is essential that operation, maintenance and filter replacement be carried out in accordance with manufacture's recommended procedures and guidelines for this product to perform as advertised. Failure to do so may void warranty.
The Hotpoint BL9808 water filter reduces the following health related contaminants:
- Chlorine Taste and Odour
Note: The filter produces cleaner, better tasting and healthy drinking water & ice.
Important: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- Be the first to review this product